Tuesday, July 21, 2009

dissolving Nashemun

Respected members of the community

Assalam-o-Alykum

I’ m extremely shocked and hurt about the way Nashemun was shut down. When Nashemun was on its first step through its journey the women of the PAKNZ community were called to a meeting to ask them their views and opinion if we should carry on with making this organisation. Starting an organisation was the decision of more then 30 women, they were gathered two times in Mt Roskill Hall and once they have attended a work shop organised by the Auckland City Council. But it was concluded with only 7 women in a lounge of a house without any consultation of the community. The reason of closing down Nashemun has been given to the community is totally wrong and I condemned it. I was not aligned with their dissolving decision.

I have done all of my part serving the community with honesty and dignity, such as organizing the support of the Auckland City Council, arranging the halls and offices of Wesley Community centre and net working with many other government and non government Organisation. When Mrs Khan became CEO my all jobs were taken away from me by saying there is no need of your social work in this org . I was surprised social work is all about serving and helping the humanity and a human service organization does not require social work why?. What did they think was required then?. I happily followed the instructions and provided all of my contacts . Mrs Khan was chosen as the CEO of the group on the basis of seniority, long living experience in NZ society and also on the top of all she is the wife of a well respected community member and the founder of PANZ. I was the first who nominated her as a CEO and I still have no doubt that she is very capable and a talented lady and she has all the qualities to run the organisation with her some of very skillful companions. I respect all members from the bottom of my heart.

Why I resigned ? I won’t go in all details but the main issues are such as the organisation was not full filling the objectives. I never wanted for Nashamun to focus on the benefits of one group I wanted Nashamun to serve the whole community regardless of any discrimination. The other issue was related to the flag. Allhamdo Lillah I was not part of that disgrace. When that matter came in my knowledge by a few community members I took Immediate action and asked for a explanation from the CEO by sending me an email , which I never received. (Please see my attached copy of email, which I send to the group). It was never my intention to offend anyone,  if it was a mistake then please admit it and make sure to never repeat it again. In the last meeting my inquiring through email about the flag was found to be an unappropriate way of disscusing the matter by some members. And I was asked by the group members very harshly about my final decision if I’m in or out of the group. So I withdrawn by saying I will come time to time to attend the programmes but please no longer consider me as a member of the group.

I was very committed and devoted with my sincere ambitions to serve the community‘s women and children, but it was a very terrifying experience for me. At times i was even personally attacked by some other members. This was not completely the reason but the point I decided to fully resign.

My apologise if I hurt someone’s feelings

Note: I just want to make it clear that I do not know how the flag related issue came in to the knowledge of Sohni Dharti, but I think it is my responsibility to clear my position.

Regards

Atiya Syed

3 comments:

Atta ur Rehman Qureshi said...

Dear sister attiya

Though we respect all women of our community but you got an extra ordinary space among the community because of your services ..... you have been serving as a volunteer for last decade. we all have great regard for that. i always say we need leaders to serve the community we dont need leaders to lead the community. i still remember the day when you took oath as a vice president of Panz everybody was happy that a volunteer has come forward. you resigned from panz with a plea that you will keep working for women in the community and you did. we know that you originated the idea of women association and every one including Panz supported the idea.............so plz be brave and work as a volunteer that would give you self satisfaction ...and think about Allama iqbals thought.......Sitaron se aagay jahan aur bhee hain

Faraz Taseer said...

......Sitaron se aagay jahan aur bhee hain
Abhi Ishq ke imtehan aur bhee hain

Faraz Taseer said...

xxxxxxxxxx