Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Raiz Shah

Last night 25 people gathered at Munawar Khan’s place to listen the true essences of Raiz Shah’s charming voice , it was a more then good 3 hour session , full of a magic spell over listeners , every song was delightful dip in the “SOZE” of Shah Ji voice, there we came to know that Shah Ji carry’s a whole lot treasure of song from Ata Ulallah to M Rafi, and from Noor Jahan to Mahdi Hussan , you name it he got it

Although due to shortage of time we could not get real enjoyment of his art, in Eid Show , I think an artist like Riaz Shah is worth listening in concert and hope PWCS will do something about it

1 comment:

drsager MSN said...

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam Assalam-o-Alaikum: I am Professor Dr Khalid Rashid Sager an Australian Muslim Doctor of Pakistani origin. I was born in Lahore and after visiting around 28 countries finally settled in Sydney, Australia where I run my own clinic by the name of Sager Hebal Health Clinic where I treat patients with the use of Herbal Medicines, Homoeopathy and Acupunture. Riaz Shah is a very good friend of mine and together we have done several cultural programs in Sydney. For example we have been running bilingual Newspaper like Pakistan, and Goonj monthly. I have particiapted in other activities and my articles have taken place in Overseas Newspaper and Aawaz Newspaper. Most of these Newspapers are not being printed anymore because of the lack of interest of our community which is very sad. Riaz Shah informed me about his visit to NewZealand and in fact he told me about this group. I am please to know that my friend a great artist and a proud Australian of Pakistani origin entertained you. We have also been running radio programs such as Radio Rim Jhim, Apna Punjab and Radio Sargam. In todays word of electronic information there is a dire need of all those Pakistanis to come together and inform each other of our activities. It was a pleasure to know about the existance of your group and I hope that you would also be happy to know what is happening in our part of the world. For further information and our activities I would invite all of you to visit my website www.goonjmedia.com which I am sure be able to give all of you more insight of our activities. I would be looking forward to hear from all of you. May Allah be pleased with all of us.   Your brother in Islam Prof. Dr Khalid Rashid Sager drsager@hotmail.com drsager53@yhaoo.com www.goonjmedia.com