Sunday, November 18, 2007

Tour De Japan

A few weeks ago, sitting around open fire

with friends, the owner of Economy groups of companies said that he going to Japan to buy cars for his new car yard and to meet his cars suppliers in Japan, Fed up by cold in NZ I asked him that if can give him company if his friend how supply him cars won’t mind. After OK signal got my ticket through Pan World, Our departure where at same day but coming back was on deferent dates, That time my thinking was this that what if that person there may be too “dry” too bear, I thought in that case I will have to find some backpacker to stay

Flight was in early in the morning. Raja Rafaqat and his partner came to pick me up.

After 10 hour-long flights we landed on Narita airport of Tokyo. About Japan, specially Tokyo I thought there would be building only but I was wrong when saw a lot of greenery around the Tokyo in my bird eyes view from plane

On ground I found big airport with about 98 terminals compare to Auckland 18 terminal only. First thing I experienced was a heat wave which compelled my to take off my jacket. Although airport was air conditioned, we all were sweating because delayed immigration service

At immigration service, immigration officer asked me preposed of visit I told him to see my Pakistani friend. During this time he looked in passport and said “you Pakistani” I said “yes” He asked me “what is your friend status here in Japan” I said I don’t know but you can give him ring confirm, I gave him his full name Ashrif Ejaza Khan

At that stage first time came in mind that after 11 of September; Pakistan has no good name out there in international community. Some we got to pay the price, just to be on right side Anyway immigration officer rung Ashrif who was there to pick us up

Airport to Asrif place is 60 km, which is Japanese’s term “very close” It took us 30 minute to do 60 km; you can imagine how fast and how good Japan motorway system is. On way I was thinking that why immigration stoped me do I look like terrorist

No comments: