Thursday, May 29, 2003

peace and friendship

Where ever on earth you go these days you will find communities of Pakistanis, Bangladeshi and Indians living side by side in perfect harmony and they are always pleased to see their people.

It is such a shame that our countries have not learnt to live in peace and harmony.

I remember few years ago I was on holidays in Hawaii, And late in the afternoon I was sitting on the Waikiki beach near the world famous Diamond head crater and thinking that its been three days and I have not had a single Roti and Pizzas and Burgers were beginning to taste funny.

And I saw a young Sardar Ji walking on the beach with his young wife I could not wait any longer and shouted to Sardar ji "Janab koi Pakistani/Indian restaurant ka pata chal sakta hai"

The young Sardar Ji couple walked up to us and sat down on the beach and told us that they have been living in Honolulu for the last five years and they happen to run the only Indian restaurant in Hawaii (I was so pleased to hear that I could only see an ocean of ROTIES instead of deep blue water).

Needless to say that Sardar Ji Drove us to his restaurant where we ate everything we could think of which reminded us of LAHORE (LAKSHAMI CHOWK). The amazing part was that Sardar Ji refused to accept any money he said Yaar apnay hum watna ko loon tay paisay ase nahi landay. That much emotion and love for our people.

 I have never forgotten that but here in the west we come across these examples everyday Indians and Pakistanis have a great deal of love for each other. But the time will come when India and Pakistan will be friends again so it is the desire of all Asians living in the west and I am sure that people of Indian and Pakistan do want to live in peace and friendship.

I have extensive opportunities to meet Asians living in the west and I would like you to share what they say about India and Pakistan and about each other. Asian living in the west their feelings are more or less the same whether they are living in UK, or CANADA, USA, EUROPE, NEW ZEALAND or any other country for that matter.

1 comment:

cityscan MSN said...

CITY SCAN APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS ,AND YOUR VISION ABOUT 50 YEARS OF FAMILY FEUD .PLEASE CARRY ON BRING THESE 2 NATION, S 2 GATER.IT IS SHAME FULL ,WE BOTH GOT THE SAME THING, SAME CULTURAL, BUT POLITICIAN FROM BOTH SIDE MAKING RITE AND WRONG DECISION. I WISH PERSONALLY PAKISTAN AND INDIA COME TOGETHERS ,AND TELL THE WORLD WE R ONE ,JUST LIKE 50 YEARS AGO